My boyfriend cheated on me, should I take him back?

Anonymous
Hey. So about two weeks ago, I found out my boyfriend (of 2 1/2 years) cheated on me twice, with two different women, about a year and a half ago. At the time, he was working/living in a different city. I always suspected something happened while he was gone, and he finally told me. He promised that he hasn't cheated since then, but who knows. I broke up with him right away; I was devastated. But I'm still in love with him, and he said he is going to do whatever it takes to get me back. He's started going to therapy to work on himself and his habit of lying and trust issues. I told him I need a few months (or longer) to myself, to sort out my emotions and what I want to do. He said he will wait as long as it takes. He seems serious about winning my trust back. But I honestly have no idea what to do. He promises things will be different; but he's lied in the past. Plus, my family, who I'm really close with, hates him now, so even if I gave him another chance, I could pretty much never bring him around my family again. He's my first love, and I still love him to death, but I don't think it's fair to him to leave him hanging to hear if I can give him another chance. I just don't know what to do...
My boyfriend cheated on me, should I take him back?
Add Opinion