I was seeing a guy for a bit and things were going really well but my family moved and I had to help with the move which meant staying over the summer in another country. The guy said he didn't want to do long distance and so I agreed to wait. Yesterday I got upset with him because he said that if he started dating someone else he would not cheat on them and I got angry because I felt like I was not worth waiting for. So I told him that he just needs to have some good faith and the time would go by quickly. He said that what I was doing (waiting to continue) was stressing him out and that he doesn't want to put his life on hold. So I told him in that is how he feels then I give up on him. I asked to be friends still but I kind of regret it because if he dates someone and it doesn't end well for him he's going to ask me to date again and I really don't want to and on the other hand, if he doesn't meet anyone he's going to think we can pick right up again. I'm keeping my distance right now but I am not sure if it was the right choice.