Is it weird to wear a ring?

OK, my girlfriend has this necklace that she wears. Not the most expensive necklace out there (but I really could care less, it's the thought that counts) and it is engraved with my name on it. She never takes it off, except to shower, she doesn't want to get it wet. Anyway, I kind of want something to show my love for her too. Something I can wear all the time, like she does.

So I figured a ring might be nice, (I'm not wearing a necklace all the time, I'm a guy). Does it seem weird? It's by no means a "promise ring" or something like that. Just a sign I'm with her in the here and now. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

hmm, I'm liking the idea, I'm just not sure what her parents will think. Would they see it as kinda...odd?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe its just in my area, but wearing a necklace is usually more manly than a ring. Just like a chain or something. But I guess a ring would work too depending on what you get. Or maybe a watch with her name on the inside?

What Girls Said 4

• why don't you wear a customize dogtag..you can customize them online or go to the surplus store

put her name..and the date you guys got together...and whatever else you want to put it in..

i think its cute =]

• necklace are better. 2 dog tags: one for you and another for her. but your wear them both.

• yeah I think she would think that's cool. do whatever you feel you should do.

• i'm for the dogtag thing! I don't like rings on guys... I have no idea why I just don't like them.

What Guys Said 1

• I think its an awesome idea. let me know what you do?