My ex left me for someone else?

Anonymous
Hi everyone, I'm just so caught up in a bunch of mixed emotions about my situation. My ex first gave a A LOT of excuses why it wasn't working out with us, but to me if he would have done his part we would have been happy but he refused to and broke it off. He denied leaving me to be with someone else, but a little before a month I found out. We've been together for 8 years and he proposed to me and had our parents meet and talked about our wedding etc. But when I suspected he was hanging out and talking to this girl and confronted him of course he denied the whole thing. He'd call me almost every night or and during the day every other day. I know the best thing for me is to move on because he had no problem throwing away our relationship for her but I can't help being bummed out about our future we've always talked about together and can't help but think of him making it all happen with someone else, when it should've been me. I have put in so much into our relationship and in the end He left me... He's not what I always thought.. I thought he was better than that. I always catch myself thinking of how he's holding her and kissing her and just doing everything he used to do with me with her and he's probably happier... I don't know I guess I'm letting it get to me but I'm really struggling to get over it and move on... Advice? I guess... thanks...
+1 y
Also do think it's a bad idea to take him back, ever? I love him but I don't want to be someone's second choice and what if I don't find better than him? I don't know..
My ex left me for someone else?
4
4