Is my ex in a rebound relationship? Will he come back?

My ex broke up with me 2.5 months ago. We never truly went no contact. A month went by and we began talking again. He told me that he broke up with me because he wasn't sure that I was the one and he was scared for the future. He agreed we needed to work on things but did not want to jump right back into our relationship. After that talk we hung out at a concert, went to church together, and grilled out with his best friends. Two days later, he meets a new girl at work and tells me he wants to talk to her. He was being very honest. He said we should also not talk while he is with her. Me being upset, I begin asking a lot of questions. One thing he said was that he wasn't ready to get back together with me yet. If we did get back together he said it would be for good we would get married. But right now his said he isn't ready to get married and needs to figure this girl out in order to give me all of himself. He has posted pics of them on Facebook and had not spoken to me in over a month. I know I shouldn't wait, but I think he is the one. Will he ever come back?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Surely you must recognise what he's doing. he's keeping you as a spare or back up chick, he gives you hope to discourage you from dating, so if he chooses he can have you if and when he wants you depending on whether or not he can find someone better than you. Have some pride and self respect and forget this guy whether he wants you or not now or in the future.

• As a guy, how long do you think this rebound will last?

• Well he told me he wasn't over me. And then two days later he is with another girl. Is he really over me then?

• Yes but he wants to have his cake and eat it. Are you really going to wait for him while he's banging every chick he can?

• No.

he's not the one, you're just in love.

What Girls Said 1

• Forget him. A real man who supposedly loved you and wanted to be with you wouldn't be with someone else! Especially if he wanted to marry you if you got back together. But he chooses to be in a rebound relationship instead of taking the time off to figure out his feelings about you and work it out with you. He played you big time. Anything he says is not to be taken seriously, especially if he comes crawling back to you. Kick him to the curb and find someone better who won't string you along and this girl because he will probably do the same thing to her eventually. He shouldn't be with someone else if he still has lingering feelings for you and so many issues left unsaid and worked out between you two so forget him for being immature and taking the douchebag way out!

• Thank you so much for that! It's great to hear other's opinions about my situation. I honestly want it to work out in the long run, but it just makes me so mad how he is acting. He never once behaved this way and I never gave him a reason to! I honestly think he is scared of commitment. It's been over a month since he has spoken to me. It's very surprising that he went that long, if he comes back I plan on ignoring him.