I'm so nervous! Do I just act normal?

Ok so today I have to into my ex partners work place to book an appointment. I haven't seen him since we broke up a 2-3 months ago, and we also haven't seen each other since getting back from our holiday abroad together. We were arguing a lot in the week after we came back, so much so that we didn't see each other (just had phone convos).
Around 2 weeks later I broke it off cause we couldn't fix any of the issues we had and I felt like I was the only one trying!
Between then and now I found out he'd lied about a lot of different things and he asked for me back not long ago. I said we could chat after a certain event he was attending (it caused us the most issues), he agreed and then I found out just a few days later he went on a date with another woman.
Also that he'd messaged back another woman who he was just sleeping with before me saying I'm the reason he hadn't replied as I didn't like him talking to people (she messaged him through our relationship and he didn't reply cause he was getting sex from me! Told me he was just using her for sex when we first got together and broke it off cause he had me now). He then didn't tell her the main reason we'd broken up as that'd look bad on him!
Anyway I messaged him saying i knew about the date and he got very aggressive and defensive. At a later date he went to his friends wedding which I hadn't been invited too when we were together and he made out with the grooms sister... then sexted her after to try and get her to sleep with him!
It didn't work... He doesn't know I know that part.
We left it on pretty bad terms as I caught him out with going on a date even after asking for me back so it's more on him. But how do I act if I see him? Just normal or really friendly or indifferent?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Sheesh!!! After reading all the crap he did to you, HE should be the one that's nervous!

You've got the right idea - act normal and indifferent toward him. If he says anything, be polite and courteous but don't let the conversation go anywhere. Don't allow him to try to get back into your life (coffee, drinks, lunch, etc...) Sounds like you've dealt with enough drama from him to last a lifetime!

• Well he was nervous when my parents and sister had to go in! Apparently he was shaking!
      It's ok he wasn't there, I was so nervous! My heart was racing, I think he had a day off. When I go in for my appointment my mum and sister will be with me so that won't be as bad :)

• That's true, but you don't need to be nervous about anything. Relax. You'll be fine.

• Thank you! I know it sounds silly, I think it's just cause I haven't seen him since we broke up and got off of our holiday. It was just a weird ending!
      Also I don't know what he's been telling other people in his workplace but i know that he's twisted the story to a few people in his favour which makes me very wary.
      Think I'm just more concerned about how he will react as he knows I know his true colours and after a lot of hurt I actually realised he had the traits of a Sociopath and my sister who studied a degree in Sociology agreed with me which is pretty scary.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you really have to go there, can't you book your appointment at some other place?
    If you see him, just ignore him. If he tries to talk to you, just say that you don't have the time and walk away.

• Or even just call the place up in order to book your appointment, lol. Unless you're actually hoping to see him there.

• It's a bit of a trek to go somewhere else as it's only up the road from me or I have to go an hour away and I don't drive...
      Ok I shall do that! Thank you!

• Well it's just that I have to go in there anyways to actually have the appointment... no I don't want too! But ill have to at some point! We work in the same town just down the road from each other, surprised I haven't seen him yet!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Act like he doesn't exist.

• Act like he doesn't exist

• It's ok he wasn't there, I was so nervous! My heart was racing, I think he had a day off. When I go in for my appointment my mum and sister will be with me so that won't be as bad :)