Still in love with him?

Me and my ex split up over the fact we were kind of drifting apart. My mum and dad hate him and are the type of people who believe once someone is an ex you don't go back.

However, as much as I'm trying to just let us be friends (as we were before we got together), I can't help it but I'm still in love with him. I want my life with him and he wants all the same things I do.

Do I stay away as my parents advise? Or do I go with my heart?

So I told him everything last night and he's told me he still loves me, always will, and cares about me. But "we can't go back". How do I fix this?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Follow your heart, basically your parents should put aside animosity if it means the happiness of their own child. Our parents love us and are supportive of us as we grow from children and show carry over into our adulthood as well. Talk with your parents and let them know that their judgmental views are hindering your happiness and you feel is keeping the 2 of you apart.

• My mum honestly hates his guts. As for my dad, he says he'd happily beat him up because I was upset about it (naturally) but as you say the heart wants what the heart wants!

• I don't want to give up on him

• Thank you for mho