Do I need help or is it possible to get through this?

Anonymous
I fell in love with my friend. He moved and I cried for a week when he moved and cried again today, a month later. We don't talk much anymore and he's always talking to a new female friend on social media and she's a snob like his boyfriend is (who he moved to be with).

I really miss him. He's still the same sweet, crazy guy he was before... I can tell from stuff he puts on Instagram and snapchat and stuff... he's just ignoring me. I know it was hard for him when he left so I don't know if he's trying to "replace" me by finding a girl friend he can act similar with. I tell myself I don't care but deep inside I do care and I miss him like hell and am still in love with him.

I know I'll never see him again. He promised to see me/keep in touch but it's not happening. I hate him for acting like this but at the same time I love him and can't truly hate him. I feel like life is meaningless without him. How can I get over this? I try not thinking about him but I can't help it. Everything reminds me of him. Do I need counseling or is it normal to be this upset over someone I never even dated?

i can't talk to my parents about this because they'll just make me feel dumb for falling in love with a guy outside my religion and my friends never liked him and told me I should be glad he's gone and then say they don't wanna hear me talk about him.
1
1