Made a tough decision, was it right?

countrydoll87
So my boyfriend and I have a 9 month old little girl together and honestly the main issue with our relationship is his family ( mostly addicts). Well we have been going to therapy to help with the communication issues that keep resurfacing and it seems like everything our therapist says to try Billy does the opposite. After 4 months of therapy I just gave up on hoping he would follow through. I mean in therapy he admits to things he needs to work on , specially when it comes to standing up to his family (in a non confrontational way) and every chance he has the opportunity he doesn't. And to top it off he simply doesn't care about our split. Said in therapy that if he did care no one would know it... So pretty much I can't trust his words bc like i said early he says XY and Z are a issue and when confronted with XY and Z he doesn't do anything different... so i try to go by his actions and his actions show that he doesn't care (as far as I can see).

Currently we are still living together , gave him 2 weeks bc we have a small reptile room he will have to get proper place for... so he started looking for an apartment. Its killing me to see him walking around and not bothered. but at the same time i feel like thats exactly why we need to break up... but it sounds so stupid telling people we are breaking up bc he doesn't care... am i overthinking?
Made a tough decision, was it right?
1
1