Hey guys. So i'm trying to get over a breakup but i just can't. I feel so sad and depressed it's not even funny. I'm 17, and it just feels like I'll never find a guy like him that i connect with like that again. I've tried talking to other guys but it's not the same. I've only dated one other guy, and he broke up with me and i got extremely sad but never like this. The pain is always bugging me and never goes away and i don't know why. I've tried everything to get over him. And just thinking about him with someone else makes me cry. I've been feeling like this for a long time somebody help. I hate that I feel like this but i can't get that horrible feeling out of my stomach especially thinking of him with someone else and he's even said he could get a 10 but since he liked me he was with me? I hate this so much, i've lost my appetite, i can't sleep, i'm never happy.. i went from being a straight A student to getting C's. I feel like i'll never feel better. please help me
Most Helpful Guy
Sometimes it is hard to move on, but it is something that we all have to do from time to time. I have had one particular break up at your age that affected me pretty severely. Recently there has also been a girl who I have been attracted to for a long time who is now engaged to a good friend of mine. It's not a break up but the pain is still the same for me. Sometimes the pain seems unbearable, but in the end it will eventually subside and you will find someone who cares and truly appreciates what he finds in you. As for the "get a 10" comment, saying something like that just seems cruel and immature. You could be a "10" in someone else's eyes. What one person perceives as attractive may be completely different for someone else. Things will look up! I hope you feel better.0
Most Helpful Girl
Not to be rude or anything but you've got to stop pitying yourself. Saying stuff like "I'll never find someone like him again", "I just can't get over it", "thinking about him with someone else makes me cry", "I'm never happy", "I'll never feel better" etc. is extremely hurtful and only keeps you in this downward spiral of sadness.
1. You're 17. You have your entire life ahead of you. Trust me, this is not the last time you'll find a boy you like and connect with. It might seem that way now, but that's so far from the truth. You will find someone else, someone who's even better than him.
2. Pitying yourself and saying stuff like you'll never get over it, you'll never find someone else, blah blah, is just prohibiting you even more from moving on. With a defeatist attitude like this, no wonder you're not getting anywhere. Don't brainwash yourself into thinking you'll never get over this. Because you will. Start thinking a bit more positively and try harder to change your mindset. This toxic thinking will not get you anywhere. You will find someone else. You will get over this.
3. Have patience. You don't get over someone within a day and that's fine. Take your time to mourn but also pick yourself up and shrug it off. You can't mourn forever. Life goes on. Eventually you'll feel less hurt, until you've completely moved on.
4. Surround yourself with friends and family, people who actually like you and want to hang out with you. Doing fun stuff with them will take things off your mind. Don't miss out on any opportunities to hang out with them because you feel sad. Staying in bed all day feeling sorry for yourself certainly won't make you feel better. Being with your friends will definitely make you happier. You can maybe also talk things out with them. But don't make everything about your ex, your friends are there to listen to you and help you, sure, but they're not your emotional tampons that you can talk about your ex with 24/7.
5. Force yourself to eat and study. Eventually it'll become easier and doing normal things again will actually help you take your mind off of him.1