Is flirting cheating or not?

When does flirting become cheating?

Where is the line where flirting becomes unacceptable flirting?

Or its it flirting with someone that is not your significant other just cheating period.

I would like to know what you think.

I personally think that flirting is not cheating, it becomes unacceptable when the person takes action. They actually spending time with each other or exchange numbers or constant contact. When someone does this they have shown an interest to this person, something beyond "casual" flirt. Which it becomes cheating.

• Flirting is acceptable has nothing to do with cheating.
  • Flirting = Cheating
  • Flirting is unacceptable when one of the two people take action to actually spend time together or have everyday contact.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

918

Most Helpful Guy

• its not cheating, but its kinda bad if you're making your partner look like a fool.

if a girl who has a boyfriend flirts with other guys, then they are kinda like ' yeah haha, I could have her if I wanted, he hasn't got control of his girl, she doesn't really want him'

it all depends, if someone is smiling at you on the bus or something and you smile back, that's flirting but its pretty harmless.

If you're at a party with your partner and you're looking at other people and flirting then yea I would say it devalues your partner and you for being with them

What Guys Said 17

• cheating is anything you would not do when your SO is around.

• I COMPLETELY AGREE!!! If you wouldn't do it in front of them then you know it's wrong. If you know it would hurt them and cause problems you know it's wrong. Don't do it and you can't be caught!!!

• Right here. This answer. Hands down.

• Agreed. If you wouldn't do it when they are around, don't do it when they're not around.

• i think flirting is not cheating but constant flirting with one person for me is cheating...and even though its not cheating I still think it shouldn't be done

• Flirting is an open door to cheating. If you flirt around and are in a commited relationship, then you should consider that your subconcious self is telling you to cheat, and also that you might have some emotional lacking from your actual relation.

However, although women who cheat are usually excused by the "lack of attention" wether emotional or sexual, it is more about immaturity and the thrill of doing it.

• I almost checked the 'flirting = cheating' option, but the commitment of the last option seemed a little less legalistic. That's the reason I checked it.

Flirting is closer to cheating than many people would like to believe.

• Its not cheating... everyone flirts,its a normal interaction. I flirt with girls I'm in to, girls I'm not into, random girls at parties, girls dating my best friends, my sisters friends, basically any girl. Its fun, its harmless. And I wouldn't be annoyed if a girl I was dating was flirting with other people either. In fact as long as she's not making out or having sex with them, she has free reign to do what she wants.

• I think some people flirt without even realizing it.

• As with all cheating, it's cheating if the significant other says it's cheating because this means that they feel you have betrayed the trust if the relationship. Whether or not the "cheater" agrees is another story and it's disagreement that needs to be resolved with communication, or therapy, or something.

Speaking for myself, I flirt. A lot. My wife knows I flirt and just smiles and shakes her head with amusement. Part of that is that she knows full well that I will never take it any further than fun and that she's the only - ONLY - girl for me. And she knew what she was getting when she married me.

• As long as no contact, but your significant other should have their rights to say so on this I believe.

• everyone flirts whether you realize it or not

• There's all kinds of flirting of course but almost by definition, it's not intended as a come-on or an invitation.

• It's not cheating, unless their intentions are something else entirely.

• As long as she's not giving up the p**** to someone else, I don't care.

Talking to someone and having sex with them are two very different things.

• flirting is not cheating , that is my view at least

• Cheating is defined differently to others and thus there is such gray areas. If your significant other was doing the things you were, would that hurt you? If so, then you know your boundaries and should tell the other person.

• Flirting isn't cheating as long as it doesn't step out of bounds when the person is already in a relationship.

• I think flirting is fine, as long as it's all just in good fun and you are honest about it. Jealousy is probably the most destructive thing in a relationship.

• we are all flirts in our own way. The only difference is that men do it obviously, and women are more subtle. Flirting is fun, and an essential and universal part of human interaction. Everyone indulges in it, whether it’s in front of a partner or behind their back.

Source: link

What Girls Said 9

• Use the "wetness rule", lol. If it involves bodily fluids in any way, it is cheating. If it's completely dry...you're safe. ;)

• I don't believe that it's cheating as long as it is only flirting, not touching and no kissing only flirting

• I agree, asker. In and of itself, flirting isn't cheating. It becomes such when one or both cross over to action. I flirt with people regularly as just part of being friendly. Guys, girls, gay, bi, lesbian even when I'm with my boyfriend.

• Flirting is not cheating..its a natural thing humans do. Its healthy and normal. Look as long as the flirting is not leading to cheating ..such as touching while they flirt..then who cares..words are harmless.

• it's not cheating but I don't think it should be done.

• flirting is harmless in my opinion

• Apparently I flirt a lot but I would never intentionally cheat on a guy.

• The way I see it. Don't do something that you wouldn't be comfortable with your partner doing also.

• flirting and cheating..theres a very thin line I would just avoid it jus going a little for far can mess up something good