Why is my ex so angry that he only emails and refuses to talk?

Anonymous

First, let me say that my ex was responsible for the breakup due to his inappropriate behavior and lies. In the end, I took out my anger on him and we decided to separate. He began to get angry at me for how I was "mean" to him at the end of the relationship, BUT he caused me to feel that way. He expected me to beg for him for months, but I wasn't going to do that. I decided to back away for a few months and let him see his mistakes.

Meanwhile, he began trying to go my attention on messenger apps without actually contacting me. He would literally spend months playing games signing on and off to get me to notice him. That is how much ego he has. I had to contact him because I was tired of it and he ONLY would speak OVER EMAIL. This is almost two years later and we go back and forth over email every few months. He is really pissed at me for my anger, but has yet to admit any of his lies and issues. I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. He would get mad over email about my reaction to HIS behavior and then not reply to my email for like a month. Then, for several month stalk me online. WTF.

I am the kind of person that just wants to deal with things immediately and HE AVOIDS the truth and confrontation. I do love him and it is hard to have this separation, obviously he loves me as well since he is so angry and does crazy shit to get my attention.

Why is he such a coward that he only want to speak over email? How can I get him to face me?
3
2