Is my boyfriend a self centered dick or have I been looking at this the wrong way?

Me and this guy I met online about a year ago have been in an off and on rocky relationship. I've been trying to talk to him all week but he's been busy playing volleyball and babysitting his niece and little brother. The problem became evident when this went on for four days straight, mind you this is a long distance relationship, he's from Louisiana, I'm from Texas, but we were actually planning on moving in together in the near future. He'll sleep the day away then wake up at around four to get ready for his volleyball game, leave come back at like 10 or 11 pm, even though I know his games only last an hour, and talk about how tired he is and say he can't talk, a little back story on me is I'm a very lone wolf type of person, I don't have many friends so when I meet someone knew that I like I latch onto them. So that plays a big role in our issues. But then he'll wake up the next day and babysit his siblings and then will usually go to practice or if there's no practice we finally get to talk. Our recent argument spawned from him coming home and saying he was tired, I usually harp down on him saying stuff like "you've been gone all day I want to talk to you." but this time I just let him go cause it being the 4th day in a row, I was too pissed to care anymore. So he goes to sleep, a friend of mine calls me 5-10 minutes later, talking about about just general stuff. I don't know if this'll matter but she said that she had feelings for me the day before. So were just talking and he comes out of the blue saying "I can't sleep, call me." I told him no cause I was already n the phone with my friend and I wasn't going to just drop everything for him just cause he finally feels like gracing me with his presence, so he tells me okay you've made your choice, now you have to live with it and dumps me the next day, my thing is am I in the wrong or is he just a self centered twat who thinks the world revolves around him. I'd detail more but there's only so much I can type.

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds like an asshole who doesn't want to make time for you, but only wants to talk to you when he feels like. If he was truly interested in you and cared he'd make time for you. You don't need someone like that, trust me there are better men out there that will put you as a priority.

What Guys Said 2

• no your not in the wrong he obviously had another girl and was looking for an excuse to dump you though it was a poor excuse on his part. he is an online user i think. they start out nice enough till e wants another online girl then begins making the girl he is with dislike him more and more till he has a reason to leave her for the new girl.

and dont say it can't happen because it happens with others you just dont hear about it as much because online dating is not very popular with everyone yet.

• well he and I are both guys lol

• i have my suspicions about that but its weird, hell we just a few days ago were talking about moving in together and he was showing me some affordable homes for us in my area and we were looking for affordable cars together, we were even looking to get a dog

• that is odd i admit but i would watch my step because im sure as you know not all guys are as simple as they seem to be.

• Since I don't really know him, it is hard to say. Buy by judging your conversation with him, he was a bit bratty by not compromising. He should have asked when you can talk next instead.
    As for you, just be careful when you cling to people.

• yeah, thats the biggest problems we have, he doesn't ever try to compromise with me yet when its him on the receiving end, he wants my all, it just pisses me off, and he's a beautiful guy as well just his personality is extremely ugly, he's a very "me" orientated person

• no were in a long distance relationship, he lives a state over

• Oh ok, he was probably just self absorbed, but it really hard to say for sure