How soon is it okay to move on after a relationship?

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up two weeks ago, he initiated it. We'd dated for almost two years. One week ago was his birthday, I just found out that he took one of his best girl friends out on the exact same first date we went on, but also got her flowers and kissed her. Do I have the right to be upset or since we are broken up, is it none of my business to even know any of that? I just thought he would've respected our relationship more that he wouldn't have moved on so quickly.

24

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend waited about 6 months after leaving his ex and I waited i think 3 or 4 months of my last ex dumped me. I do think that is quite soon but at the end of the day he might be one of those types who can't be alone or it could be a rebound. Either way; now you can get this over and done with cause if he ever dates again it won't sting as much as the first.

What Guys Said 3

• There is set time on moving on. the one who was left is always going to take longer to get over it. The one who wasn't probably hadn't been happy for a while but wasn't a cheater.

• Usually the one who ended it moves on a lot faster

• I've been dating since me and my SO broke up feb 25. I started dating in like mid way April - June

What Girls Said 1

• I think you do have a right to be upset but at the same time switch the story around if it was you then what obviously you wouldn't be thinking this you would be happy you found someone great I'm not saying you weren't great i'm just saying sometimes you lose feelings and catch them for another that's simply what he did. But don't worry I'm sure you'll find a great guy too