Do you fear divorce if you ever get married?

I want to get married soon, but I fear divorce.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to get married eventually (but not for a long time). With that being said, I don't fear about getting a divorce. I feel like if I marry a woman whom I know will be faithful, we probably won't get a divorce.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because I would hate to be married and always preoccupied about possibly divorcing. If I am gonna be that uneasy I prefer stay single, or have a common law relationship

What Guys Said 20

• It's an inheritant risk that comes with marriage. Do you have second thoughts and think that maybe this isn't really absolutely the best person you would want to spend the "rest" of your life with?

• I do.
    I don't plan on getting married if I'm not 100% sure I'll want to be with that woman for the rest of my life, but I can never know what she really thinks about me.
    Given the amount of divorces and how most are started by women, it does scare me. I don't want a divorce, especially if we have kids together.

• It isn't romantic, but a prenuptial agreement may be a good idea.

Questions:
    1. Do you live in a "Separate property" or "Community property" area? (Your nation, or state/province within a nation). These are legal terms that mean whether not upon marriage the property and assets you own before the marriage, immediately become combined ownership between the two of you, or not.
    2. What assets are you bringing into the relationship? If you both have next to nothing, it is probably not a "material" or significant issue.

• I have never thought about it that way. Marriage is just a distant possibility for me now, because I am not even in a position to date. Too much shit going on, and I need to sort my life out first!

• Fack no.
    I'm confident in my ability to face any challenge that arises! If I'm not confident in that my partner and I are on the same page. Why would I even consider marriage an option?
    It's a lifelong commitment. The human life is too short to waste time on deadend projects.
    I'm a goal orientated kinda guy.

• No. I know it's a possibility and usually the guy gets the short end of the stick in divorces, but I don't care. I rather think about the positives than the negatives.

• I don't think I will ever get married.

• Of course

• Since in my country we have the option of marrying in a way that we keep everything that was already ours before marriage, no, I don't fear it. At least not financially.

• Of course, who wants to take that leap into marriage just to find themselves at the end of the road with divorce. i mean as long as you nurture the marriage with respect and communication it should work.

• Of course. Especially since I live in the US because here, the divorce laws HEAVILY favor the woman

• Yes I hope my marriage won't end in divorce cause I'm definitely gonna have a hard time finding a replacement and the divorce laws favor women.

• Been there, done that. Have the shot glass.

The main way to avoid divorce, is complete and open communication and working together.

• No I will marry someone where I'll spend the rest of my life with.

• Yes.

• Two words: pre nup

• You'll never know what's gonna happen. Maybe your partner wont't be the same person and maybe you are going to be the one who wants to divorce.

• thats the main reason i am not getting married.

• hahahahaha
    i bet this question is funny to some
    yea fear the divorce, its bad, especially if there was kids

but dont over react, just follow ur guts, not ur heart

• I'm confident I'm gonna marry someone I'll be with until I die.

What Girls Said 7

• I want to get married but I don't fear divorce.

I feel I'm with my boyfriend for life. I want children with him. He knows my stance on divorce, and as much as he thinks the courts will ignore me, I will never stand down from my viewpoint and for that reason he has a great deal of respect for me.

I don't fear divorce because I know that the actual divorce won't be the worst thing. The worst thing will be losing the relationship beforehand.

My parents had a messy divorce that went on years. My mother scraped for as much as she could. What happened in the finish was my mother was awarded all money, my father all assets.
    Effectively it was 50/50. But considering she didn't work until I was 12 (I have 4 older brothers, 10 years between me and the oldest), a lot of other details that damaged her case, she didn't ask for custody of me (I was the only one of age), when the judging was ruled and my dads solicitor said "what about the money set aside for Hidden_Ps university?" The judge said "her mother is at university, she needs it".
    My mother was getting her 3rd degree. Because of her I wasn't allowed university and have greatly reduced my working life chances.
    My mother was given my dads inheritance, my university fund, my inheritance, everything. So she could carry on fucking her paedophilic boyfriend who she tried to press on me (yup, he has a record)

As a result, I will not accept money I do not deserve in a divorce. By all means, my partner can help fund our children, but he is not allowed to find my lifestyle.
    I must do my part. He has earnt his money, because I open my legs, I have no right to it. I would sign up a pre nap if they had any legal binding in this country. My partner should not suffer the way my father did (my father cannot retire from work despite being an amputee, I nursed him to health and almost didn't finish my a levels).

You may have guessed I feel strongly on divorce.

• I haven't spoken to my mother for 8 years and during the divorce she threatened to come and shoot me at school. I had to be escorted by teachers everywhere.

I refuse to be my mother. I will love my children to the end of the world and their father should not be held responsible for my failings.

• i will date for 5 years if i have to before making any decision to get married. this is something I'm not gonna mess up.

• I'm getting married soon.
    I will not lie I'm scared a little but I just have to trust that I will do my best in every situation to make it work out.

• Well, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to get married, I know I will get divorced.

• No because I wouldn't marry someone who I couldn't see spending the rest of my life with. Any doubts at all is an indication that it's better to stay away from marriage with that person.

• But you can never know if that person thinks the same. Maybe you're 100% sure you want him forever, but he's not 100% sure that you're the one he wants forever.

• But you'll never know 100%, only he can know.

• @AleDeEurope Pretty sure the type of guy I date would have enough common sense not to propose if he can't see us being together forever.

• I do.

• Don't plan on ever getting married, so nope