Would you avoid someone who is senstive?

Is there certain things you would say or not say to someone who is overly sensitive? What are some pros and cons to being sensitive.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Everyone has their time and place, just need to find it. Do a myer brigs perosnality test...

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't avoid someone who is sensitive. I'm pretty sensitive, myself, sometimes. I'm also extremely tactful most of the time, because I don't like people finding meanings in my words that aren't actually there. Some people are pseudo-sensitive, perma-butt-hurt, in that they're just determined to take everything the worst possible way they could interpret it, and those people p*ss me off, so I don't like to make it easy for them. If I say something that someone [usually sensitive] might find offensive, I tend to go out of my way to put it into context, when I COULD just leave it at my original statement/question instead of explaining myself. Or I choose my words very carefully so as to say something that might be considered offensive, in a less offensive way. I think before I speak, extremely conscious of everything I say and how it can be interpreted. I'm this way most often with strangers and acquaintences. Really, you can't please everyone. Sometimes I don't have the patience for tact. I'm much more blunt and/or crude around people who know me really well, or people I know can handle it. I'm not very PC at all. But I'm also fairly empathetic, so I'm receptive to people's moods and I know there's a time and a place for everything.