Could you be friends with an ex that you were never friends with?

flakosky
I dated a girl for 5 years and we broke up because it didn't work out, so we both agreed to part ways. After 2 years we talked again and we still have a great connection and non of us are looking to get back into a relationship. The only problem is that she feels weird being friends as for me, I feel like we could be just normal people that talk once in a while that still keep in touch and are friends. One thing that is making me wonder is that before we dated we were never friends, we started getting to know each other after while in the relationship so when we broke up there was nothing but a relationship that was put behind. With my other ex gfs on the other hand, we were friends before we dated and we were able to overcome the problems and we became friends again.

So could there be a possibility that we could build a friendship even though there was none before we dated?
Yes
No
GirlGuy
1
1