He said he just wants to be friends after breaking up two weeks ago?

Anonymous
we were close friends for two years, both in a relationship for the first year. But he told me he loves me and has since the day he met me as soon as we were both single and I rejected him for a whole year thinking he was rebounding. I realised he wasn't after he had spent a year trying to impress me and have me and tried so hard even though we were just friends. We started dating, it was great, we dated for 9 months. Suddenly our lives got harder, he has to work constantly or he will be homeless and now he's moving away in September. We ended it two weeks ago, I begged him not to because we had been doing so well, he told me he loves me and always will and he doesn't want anybody else, it's just bad timing. I asked him to be friends with me and he said no and to not contact him, he will contact me in time. The next day he posted a poem about me being his weakness, the same week he began liking my posts even though he wasn't following me on Instagram, I reciprocated it. He liked my posts again yesterday and this time I ignored.

He contacted me today saying sorry he's been so horrible to me for months, he doesn't know why he did it, I didn't deserve that and he missed talking to me (it's only been two weeks) and then said if it was love he guesses he wouldn't have been that way with me and he just wants to be how we used to when we were friends. I'm devastated. I said no and I need space and time and I don't want him any more but I just want space and he said I'm acting weird and said "yeah so? I don't want you either so why even bother telling me how much you don't want me" I just don't get how he can be over me so quick, he came back after two weeks to tell me he doesn't care any more but wants to talk to me? It makes no sense
2
2