If a guy cheats, is he obligated to stop talking to the girl he cheated with even if that girl he cheated with is his best friend?

Anonymous
Earlier this year, I cheated on my then girlfriend with my best friend. I'm not making excuses for it. It was a horrible thing to do. She had given me another chance but a couple things were made clear by her.

1. She was never going to love me again like she used to.

2. She refused to be in a relationship with me if I continued to talk to my best friend.

Both these things are understandable, I dare say I would carry the same mindsets if I were cheated on. But I really wasn't going to stop talking to my best friend whom I've been there for and who's been there for me through all kinds of crap. She gave me a choice and I chose my best friend. She was devastated and left me, apparently crying herself to sleep that night.

After this happened a question started to form. Was I unreasonable? I am not blaming her for anything in this situation. After all, she was simply enforcing her lack of trust which, if I'm honest with myself, I deserved. But am I a terrible person that my feelings of closeness for my friend were greater than those for my now ex in this situation? Was I wrong for choosing the person I cared about more even if I betrayed the other? Did I owe her anything?
+1 y
My feelings on this situation changed. I'll ask a new question regarding this situation later.
7
0