Dad cheating on mom. What do I do? Please Help?

Somehow my iMessages and my dads iMessages got synced up on my laptop and I started receiving messages of some women. Turns out my dad has been calling and texting a women that is not my mom. Very flirtatious messages and she gave him her home address and sends him pictures. I do not know what to do! I feel like I need to tell my mom if not I will regret it for the rest of my life.

Please give me your opinion and what you would do. How should I bring it to my moms attention. How do I tell her and him. Both at the same time? This is killing me in the inside. My parents have 4 children including me. two 14 year olds a 17 year old and me.

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell your mother, she should know the truth.

Most Helpful Girl

• lol Why You want to go to Your mom with it?
    Go to You're dad and confront him, tell him he let you down as a dad and as a man of the family and that you're ashamed of him and ask him if he would wish for you to have a husband like him. That should give something to think about.

What Guys Said 11

• yikes. this is a tough one. a few options
    1. just tell your mother. explain that you saw some messages your father was sending and then show her the messages and let her take it from there
    2. leave your device up with the messages you found in a situation where your mother would stumble on it... He mom can you check my phone to see if i have a missed call? knowing that hte messages are left on there
    3. talk to a family member or family friend who you feel you can trust and confide in for advice

ultimately your mom deserves to know so i think finding a way to tell her is the best course of action

• Tricky.

If you tell your mother, it might lead to a divorce, and it sucks to be the child of a divorced family (my parents divorced when I was 6 years old).

I would pursue the course of trying to discourage the father more than tell the mother, maybe trying with subtle hints initially. He needs to be reminded of the responsibilities to his family, and the love he has for them.

• your mum should hear the truth from him really. i would confront your dad and tell him that you know whats going on and give him the opportunity to tell her everything.

If he doesn't tell your mum, then you should.

• Why the fuck people marry when they gonna end up cheating lol tell your mom this clear out and make sure she leave him

• Tell your mom.

• Def call out your dad but make sure you have a backup plan in where you are going to live since he runs the house

• do extortion on your dad.

• tell her. she deserves to know

• This is an adult situation and I don't think it's right for you to deal with it. You need to take the laptop to a family member, grandparents, Aunt's, Uncles, and give it all over to them.

• do you still have access to those messages?

• Check your moms iMessages too before anything...

• she may have some secrets too...

What Girls Said 11

• TALK TO YOUR DAD, TALK HIM through THIS, AND LET HIM THAT YOU KNOW, TELLING YOUR MUM AND EXPOSING YOUR DAD MIGHT AND WILL CAUSE BIG ISSUES, AND MAY LEAD TO DIVORCE, ITS NOT WORTH IT, TALK TO HIM, AND TELL HIM IF YOU DONT TELL MUM YOU WILL LEAVE ME NO CHANCE BUT TO TELL HER MYSELF. THINK ABOUT YOUR SIBLINGS AND YOUR FAMILY BOND BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, EVERYTHING IS ON THE STAKE, I've BEEN THERE MULTIPLE TIMES, IM JUST SAYING, YOU NEED TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR 17 YR OLD SIBLING, BUT NOT THE 14 YR OLD, I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL!!!

• if it were my dad, i would talk to my dad first. i love my dad no matter what he does and respect him enough to give him that courtesy.

• Perfectly honest, I would save EVERYTHING and show my mom.

She can do better than a cheater.

• I would confront your dad and double check it isn't a mistake or crossed wires. I would then get him to tell your mother and give him a time frame. It's an awful situation for you, but it's not your responsibility to feel his guilt.

• take a snapshot and than show it to your mom.

• A lot of people won't agree, but I'd stay out of it unless one of them comes to you first.

• I would show the messages to my mum.

• Go to your dad first. Give him a chance to fess up

• I am scared that he might want to brainwash me. He tried doing this way before I found out. He would complain to me how my mom dent show him love. Kind of in a way justifying his cheating but cheating is cheating no matter what.

I don't want him to try to get me into not telling my mom and me not knowing if he has changed since he cheated on my mom when I was one years old once.

• Say nothing...

• Either tell your dad in hopes he'll confess to your mom or just straight up tell your mom. You could just try to leave the evidence somewhere your mom will see it but I don't know.

• Yikes! If I were you I would tell my mom!!!