I am interested in him but he is very bitter?

There is a fellow I am friendly with. We started talking a few months ago and he shares a lot of things with me. I am starting t like him but now I am starting to pull back those feelings. He seems to like me but is distant sometimes. I know his ex really hurt him and he is quite bitter. I am trying to help him work through it as a friend. I know he has to heal on his own too. I wonder sometimes if this is a lost cause. I am starting to become turned off when he ignores me and then tries to contact me.

Am I over-reacting? Should I give him more time and just be patient? He is a nice person.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• it is not that he is being wishy-washy, he probably DOES have feelings for you but is holding back due to the inability to presently move past his most recent heartbreak. If you enjoy being his friend, make it clear that you are only seeking his friendship and not something more. This will not only take the pressure off of him but it will also spare your feelings! Who knows what the future holds? Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Give hime time and put extra sugar in his coffee or tea he will sweeten up..

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you, I would NOT pursue something with him now. He evidently has some emotions/feelings to work through. I think the best thing to do is be a friend only. Give things time to develop and him time to trust you more etc. Trust and friendships grow over time.

I am in a similar situation but my intuition is telling me to leave the guy alone. I am petrified of being hurt again so I have decided not to contact him. I am going to let him come to me. I just have a feeling that he is going to f*** me over like the last guy. He seems like a sweetheart but I just know from experience. I think that since this has happened to me personally twice now that I am going to stay single indefinitely. My faith in men is ZERO percent.

Best of luck.

• I agree. I told him we are only friends. He doesn't know how I feel. I am going to keep it that way.

Sorry about your situation.

• Nice people are the ones who are hurt in these situations. The jerks laugh it off.

If you think heis worthwhile, he's worth waiting for!