Who is the best James Bond, 007?

As above. This has got to be one of the most discussed questions around, and having just watched Casino Royale / Quantum of Solace back to back, I was wondering what other people thought.

For myself personally. I think Bond will always be Connery for me, but Daniel Craig is a close second. I love the 'real character' he's playing with it. (Dalton third, for much the same reason).

PS. Apologies to Lazenby fans, you can only have 5 poll answers.

• Sean Connery
  • Roger Moore
  • Timothy Dalton
    Vote C
  • Pierce Brosnan
    Vote D
  • Daniel Craig
    Vote E
Looking at the votes, I'm really impressed. There's a wide selection spread (more or less). I'm sort of glad we didn't have 9million votes for 1.

216

Most Helpful Guy

• Connery is and always has be the definition of Bond for me. Roger Moore didn't much impress me at all because I feel he overdid the "suave" thing in comparison to Connery and others who were just a tad more subtle about it, making his Bond much more one-dimensional. Daniel Craig is definitely a close second. I like the fact that his Bond is human and is not infallible. Dalton I have mixed feelings about because he got shafted when it cames to scripts. His Bond movies weren't exactly the best of the bunch, and he wasn't given enough chances to prove whether or not he COULD really make a good Bond. Brosnan was good as well, but his Bond suffered from the same one-dimensional characteristics as the Roger Moore Bond, though not nearly as severe about it.

What Girls Said 2

• now I voted on my mother's behalf.

she [ and my brother ] are HUGE 007 fans.

my mother had a tie between Connery and Moore

but I made her pick so she said Moore.

now although I'm not a huge fan myself

i disagree with the newer 007s...

its not really the same as the originals I guess

• Peirce Brosnan was in my opinion the best

What Guys Said 15

• Either Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan, Danial Craig is good, but instead of being suave and basically a pimp, he is just a hard ass, that whips the crap out of everyone, he is still good, but there just isn't enough womanizing in the new Bonds, look at every other Bond he has sex with at least 2 different women through out the movie, especially when Brosnan played Bond.

• Roger Moore is my favorite. This is mostly because I think his era of movies were some of the best in the series. I think Moore had a good mix of wit, humor, and coolness. I think many people dismiss Moore because of his age, and looks. Maybe because I am a somewhat younger Bond fan, I find Connery's movies to be a bit too slow. While I also found most of Brosnan's movies to be going too far of into the crazy gadgets that can do anything, action every second direction. Daniel Craig is pretty good so far, but having only done 2 movies it's hard to make a comparison to the others.

• I like Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan -- but Dalton is the easist to overlook so I picked him.

• To me Bond is always different from other action movies because he isn't some macho tough guy that goes around kicking everyones ass with martial arts and a built physique. He's suave, sophisticated and uses gadgets and cunning more than brute force. So Brosnan is and always will be the best Bond as far as I'm concerned.

• Having watched every Bond movie, I have to say I enjoyed the ones with Daniel Craig as Bond the most, I like his Bond more than the others. Pierce Brosnan is a close second, GoldenEye is one of my favorites too.

• personally I say between peirce and sean they were both great bonds both got long time to do a lot of movies. I hate the new bond he just doesn't fit the bond type to me

• I would have to say Sean Connery as my all time favorite, but I would have to say if you wanted to portray him as I think a real special agent would be Daniel Craig would be closer to that Character. As for Timothy Dalton I would think He would be second to last in my book in front that one guy nobody knows the name of.

• Pierce Brosnan

• Dalton is a personal favorite, as he portrayed Bond when I was just a kid. He did well portraying a darker, edgier, more dangerous Bond in Licence to Kill, hence, making him my favorite. Brosnan, is a close second.

• Dalton is the best!

• Connery. There has never been anyone as smooth, sauve, or bad ass.

• Daniel Craig, hands down

• Daniel Craig...Hands down.

• Connery will always be Bond. But I love Bronsan's take. He's more English for the character. I don't understand this Daniel Crag stuff.

• I think Craig has added a realism to the character, I suppose in the same sense that Batman Begins and TDK did with the batman character. That is, rather than making James Bond almost a superhero type character, they've made him more 'real'. It will be interesting to see how the next movie goes. Now that they've set up the character and style, the next bond will have him doing 'bond stuff' with gadgets and Q. Can't wait, personally.

• Connery in his time, Craig now