If I stop speaking to her, will she forget me? Should I tell her I want to stop or just drop off the map?

Anonymous
So I really like (love maybe) this girl I've been best friends with for years. She had told me n the past she had feelings for me. Sometimes it feels like she still does in the things she says and does, but she has been quoted as saying that 'disappointed' and 'frustrated' her on too many occasions, and that I take more than i do in our relationship. About two weeks ago I told her I wanted her, she politely rejected with 'we've been friends too long', but I've discovered its not easy being just friends now. So im wondering, should I just drop out of her life? Should I tell her that what we have needs to end? She has tried telling me herself in the past 'things have run its course and we should stop talking' but she has always come back to speak to me, always tried to fix things, but I dont know if I can say the same to her and come back knowing things will go back to normal. Part of me is scared she will accept it without a care, and move on without thinking about me. I really feel this is the best thing for myself but part of me is also hoping maybe she'll come to a realization herself? Anyone experience in this?
1
1