Have you ever actively tried to make someone fall out of love with you instead of just breaking up with them?

Have you ever intentionally done things/acted in a way with the intention of making the person you're dating stop falling for you/stop being in love with you because you just couldn't break up with them? 😁 If so, what did you do? Did it work?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not as bad as that thankfully but I have tried to make myself seem less attractive to someone I thought had strong feelings for me and I did not feel the same way (Yes I know very arrogant, sometimes I think I am a legend in my own mind) - Anyways it was a disaster, you just confuse things or hurt them or don't go far enough so I can only imagine it is a hundred times worse in a relationship therefore end it, be straight with them and explain your feelings. It will be painful but in time they will thank you for being honest and move on. By creating an elaborate escape plan that will probably fail creates an unholy mess and probably hurt feelings all round.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. I don't emotionally manipulate people. I'm an adult who knows how to use her words to appropriately end things. It spares them the pain of having to go through the confusing and saddening trial of falling out of love with somebody you once deeply cared about.

What Guys Said 10

• I've honestly never been dumped. And I don't think it was intentional, but subconsciously yes, because you do things that you know you probably shouldn't or say and you just don't give a fuck what they do or say. So I think I have, but then I get over it and dump them.

• No. I'm the type of guy that just breaks up.

• That's great. I hate breaking up/confronting people, have to work on that 😬

• I don't like breaking up either, but I think it's disrespectful towards them to be with them when you don't wanna be with them.
      Also, I'm not gonna be unhappy because I can't break up.

• No, if I have a problem I'll say it and if I think it's over then I'll say that too :).

• Unfortunately, yes. It didn't work out well. Message me and I'll tell ye the whole story of you want. It's a really long one 😅

• No..

• I've been very mean to her. Like not playfull, very very mean to her. Felt bad but she didn't stop insisting till I did.

• no, that seems like an awful thing to do.

• Nope
    I don't play games
    My intentions are always crystal clear :P LOL

• Yeah

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• No... if I don't want to be with someone I tell them that. It's not that hard..

• Yeah but we weren't really in a relationship and he didn't love me, he just thought he did.

• I tried but he just tell me "Do you really think all you do will make me love you less?"