Do you have to have a good reason to divorce someone?

Can you just divorce your husband/wife just because?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• In society today , I doubt a reason is nessasssary to get a divorce , just a pocket full of money

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the state. Some states are really strict about why you can get divorced and even your spouse beating you isn't a "good enough excuse". But some states like Nevada have no fault options where the court doesn't ask anything about why you want to get divorced.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope, you can file a scam known as irreconcilable differences meaning no fault , but I want a divorce and a lot of women still get rewarded half of what their husbands have.

• irreconcilable differences - translates to she just does not want to be with you anymore..

• "irreconcilable differences"

• No but I think it would make sense to have one other wise it's just considered irreconcilable differences

What Girls Said 3

• If you're not happy and you feel its not going to change OR don't want to work it out then yes you can divorce someone. There doesn't always have to be huge reason.

• There should be a reason?

• Infidelity , or if I was the only one putting in the effort to help the relationship survive