Can no contact make a girl realize her feelings for me again?

Anonymous
So this girl (im now friends with) clearly liked me at the beginning, she asked me out once saying "this is nice, me and you, maybe something could work if we put aside our differences". At that time i wasn't into her for some reason :S so we became really close friends over the years. I've noticed over time that she says things that indicate she still does like me, even the things we argue over, she would constantly think im ignoring her and get bitter at me if i didn't check in on her from time to time etc. Another time she asked "what am i to you?", maybe expecting a different response from "my friend".

So its gotten to the stage where apparently feelings are reversed. Im all of a sudden head over heels for her, perhaps because I've now noticed competition? But despite all the indications that she does still feel something for me, she has recently said that she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend.

Im upset over this and have decided to end the friendship after I explained why and what she means to me, as hard as it was, and she is just as upset asking why we can't stay friends. Im doing this to help myself get over her, but given the circumstances could no contact cause her to reevaluate her feelings for me again or would she just forget me?

3
1