Girls, Girlfriend and I split after I hit a rough patch in life. She keeps saying she thinks we have a future, but I don't know how to proceed?

Anonymous
My ex and I dated for 2 years and she moved to my home city because my profession requires a state issued license. While we dated, we had problems but nothing relationship ending. While I was unemployed after grad school, I lost my self esteem and began seeking other people, girls, on dating apps for self validation. I never touched or slept with anyone, but what I did was wrong and terrible. I also let my friends push me into deciding to leave her because she was too smothering.

We split in April but continued dating and seeing each other. She asked me to move back in in may. But after the end of may, she said her best friend finally found out what I did and he told her I was crazy. In mid June she began seeing another guy and didn't tell me. Eventually I pressed her till she admitted to it, and she said it was independent from our relationship and I just didn't understand what she was going through. She cried. I cut contact for 2 weeks. I don't think she's seeing him anymore because she said one of her old guy friends from college planned to come see her next month, and I don't think she'd be inviting him if she was seeing a new guy.

Last weekend we spoke and she said she wasn't ready to trust me again, and insisted she didn't know yet if we had a future. But didn't want to cut contact. She said if I insisted, we could. I haven't spoken to her at all this week and don't plan to for at least another week. I don't know what to do now.

I'm seeing a therapist as she recommended and for the first time have clarity on what I was doing and how to change it. I want to tell her about it but she doesn't seem to want to talk much because she says she's not over everything. Each time I ask her if she doesn't see a future for us, she gets upset and says I don't know her interests. I since apologized to her family and her best friend. Both took my apology well. Her mom said she hoped we found happiness together.

Any tips would be appreciated.
1