What do you consider respect in a relationship?

Anonymous
I just ended my relationship with my SO because I feel like he did not respect me or our relationship. His children came to visit him which I had no problem with him spending time with his kids but He was gone for almost a week and I heard nothing from him. I feel he didn't even give our relationship the courtesy to call me and say hey I'm not coming home I'll be back (insert date) he just left one morning and I heard nothing else from him. He was also still talking to an Ex girlfriend of his who still wanted him back and I asked him not to speak with her anymore so we could work out our relationship but he continued to talk with her which I feel was another disrespect to our relationship so I got tired of it all and had enough especially since I was completely committed and loyal to him. Was I wrong or would you consider this disrespect?
+1 y
There were levels of disrespect all through the relationship where when I brought them up he made me feel like I was in the wrong. But this was what made me finally end things. I wish I did it sooner though. Falling in love with potential is not the way to go. I definitely learned when someone shows you who they really are... BELIEVE IT!
+1 y
I definitely had respect for him. He told me to not have male friends so I cut off ties with my male friends and did all I thought I could to make the relationship good but it wasn't enough I guess and it wasn't the first time he disrespected our relationship like that. I just finally had enough cause I deserve more. I'm old school and I believe in trust loyalty respect and commitment which were all the things I gave to the relationship.
6
9