Ex says he thinks we will reconnect in the future?

Texas609
My ex and i broke up after 5 years of being together. I hurt him pretty badly so I decided not contact would be best so I could give him space. We broke up about a month and a half ago but had broke no contact on my birthday briefly and one other time. This last time I had been on no contact for almost 3 weeks when he texted me, and we ended up hanging out for a whole weekend while he was in town. We hooked up a lot, cuddled, he spent the night, laughed a lot, went to dinner, even went on a run together through the city. It was a great weekend and we barely talked about the breakup. However when we did, he says he really wants me to work on some of my personal issues that led to the breakup. He doesn't think if we got back together right now that our relationship would work since we haven't worked on ourselves enough. He will probably be moving to another state in January but he says he knows our paths will cross in the future and we just need to work on ourselves in the mean time so we can grow and have a better relationship. I really feel like he isn't BSing me, he told me he really cares for me and the reason he reached out to me is because he knows I'm not a bad person and that I am very sorry for what I did, and that he didn't want the last thing that happened to us to leave on such a bad note. He says we can meet up again in a few weeks. What do you think about this? How would you all take what he is saying? So I try to move on or just be alone for now and hope he comes around? I know the question is kind of vague and broad but really just looking for any advice or thoughts. Thank you
Ex says he thinks we will reconnect in the future?
Add Opinion