Is it possible to fall out of love?

My husband and I have been going back and forth about this for a year. I told him a year ago that I was no longer in love with him and that I wanted a divorce. He's stated that it's not possible and refuses to acknowledge. In the meantime he's been almost raping me to force me to fall back in love with him and it's just not there. What should I do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• If you watch a bunch of toddlers playing, one kid will stop doing what he is doing because he sees another kid doing something else. He wants to do the same thing because he feels like that other activity might be more fun.
    A few of the people I follow on Twitter were having a conversation about their ex-wives. One guy said that his mistake was marrying a slut. One colleague told me about his mistake of trying to turn a ho into housewife. Another guy said his mistake was marrying a pre-party slut. A pre-party slut is a girl who might have a semblance of virtue when you marry her, but it is only by circumstance. Maybe her parents were strict or she otherwise didn’t have the opportunity. In reality, she may feel that she is missing out by not riding the cock carousel.
    A fellow co-worker of mine went through this type of harrowing scenario. While he was in his mid-twenties, he met a girl who had just graduated high school. She came from a devout Christian family so on the surface she had good values. But after a couple of years of marriage she started cheating on him with not just one, but several random men.
    I’ve also seen this “missing out” effect play out in the life of one my wife’s friends, this woman started to look outside her marriage for male affection, and is now in the process of transforming herself. She has become an attention whore on social media where she posts selfies of herself at the pool and advertises that she goes to concerts and bars without her husband. She dresses inappropriately for her age and body composition and she seems to be trying to erase all association with her husband and children.
    This is all done to recapture the fun that she thinks she is missing out on. Modern women feel this way because they’ve been indoctrinated into believing that promiscuity is empowering. This flows from egalitarian doctrine: if some men sleep around, women too must be able to sleep around to be equal. Of course the feminist purveyors of this false doctrine don’t care if their false narrative makes it impossible for these women to ever become fit wives and mothers. That is what the feminists intended all along—to destroy marriage by making women incapable of staying married.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it isn't possible. Love is an action not a feeling. The romance may be gone but there are things you do to bring it back. He is going about it the wrong way. Women aren't like men, so he is misguided in his attempt to try to get you to fall in love with him. We need a different approach. You definitely need counseling for starters. It is not good that you feel raped. Counseling will help you with that.

• I love him. Yes. I'm not in love with him. I can't stand to look at him. Being around him is frustrating. He calls and texts me, and I'm aggravated. I am no longer in love with him. Sex with grosses me out. I don't want to fall back in love with him.

• That's really sad. Feelings like that don't just appear from one day to the next. What did he do for you to start feelin like you can't stand to look at him? Was he violent with you prior to you feeling like this?

• You really do need to leave if he is being forceful or violent with you. That is not about love, it's a safety concern.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• of course it is possible. Just go to court