How can I stop being obsessed with my ex?

We had a rocky relationship almost from the start. Huge fights and he cheated. He broke up 1.5 years ago and since then we've had a little contact now and then and spend the night together sometimes.

A few months ago things started to get better and we started seeing each other more often. A couple of weeks ago he told me he didn't want to continue seeing me and I found out (through facebook stalking) that he is with the girl he cheated on me with back then. They seem to be in a relationship now.

I'm devastated and hurt. But I'm also obsessed. I can't stop looking at his (or her) social media. We are not friends on any site anymore but I still look at their accounts as a non-friend/follower. It's basically all I do all day. I've tried to block them everywhere but soon after I go and unblock them or even create new accounts so I can see them again. I've tried dating others ever since things ended 1.5 years ago but I don't get any feelings for anyone.

I can't stop thinking about him and her. Even when I do other things or are with friends, family or other guys I think about it and check their profiles... It's not healthy behaviour and it's only hurting me more to see how happy they are and what a great time they have on their holiday now. But I don't know how to stop!

05

Most Helpful Guy

• You've got issues girl! Your future dating/relationship will never last as long as you have this screwed up mindset! Your exBF is never coming back. He's moved on and is happy now! As you said your relationship with him was rocky from the start and that never bodes well for long-term happiness.

Your insecurities have got the better of you! So many young women these days have mental health issues which is a real turn off to the opposite sex.

• Thanks for the MHO 😉