My girlfriend dumped me for an "upgrade"? Wtf?

We have been together 3 years. Last week she told me she is gonna break up with me for another guy. I asked her why and she just replied "Well he is taller, stronger and sexier than you." And guess how she tried to cheer me up. "But on the positive side his personality is exactly like yours." Wtf have I been all these years? Some sort of toy to her? At 5'8" I would say I'm quite bloody average. Saw her a few days ago at the mall with her new boyfriend who is like 6'1" and she kept like rubbing the fact that her new boyfriend was better than me which got me pissed. I punched a hole through a door, that's how pissed I was.
Can a person really be that shallow? I have a really hard time getting over this...
WHY WOULD SHE WASTE 3 YEARS WITH ME IF IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING?

1418

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoa, what a bitch! I feel sorry for you mate. These are the kind of women who paint a bad picture about women in general.

And yeah, people CAN be this shallow, and more. The human species in general is cruel, evil, selfish and judgmental. There are only very few good people left.

What Girls Said 14

• Seems a bit insensitive and odd that she could just toss you out just for a new guy, 3 years of a relationship what was that to her.

• wow. I've heard of this in their, but i didn't think real people actually did it., thats pretty disgusting. im sorry. but look she's so shallow shed make a horrible partner eventually you'd see it. she's totally not reliable. one thing if you were a jerk an the upgrade was a nicer person

my guess is she get someone shaw like her and hell d the same in time.

i know its cliche' but SERIOUSLY you're better off. imagine if you were injured or disfigured, then shed just take off bc yore not 'sexy' insane. she's like a chronic friends with benefits.

• She'll regret it eventually... you dodged a bullet and karma is a bitch. Wait till she gets dumped because she isn't pretty enough, skinny enough and smart enough. Don't dwell over a bitch like that. Soon you'll be laughing!

• She sounds like a waste of your time. I'm sorry you invested 3 years with this girl. On the positive side, the sooner she bailed, the better so at least now you can find someone who will treasure you.

• That absolutely sucks. I feel for you buddy.

I'm just really curious how you spent three years with her without realizing she was that shallow?

• hahah UPGRADE! lol

• Just be thankful you're not with her anymore before such a person could waste even more years of your life. She is definitely not worth it. So sorry man...

• Sounds like she got bored and tried finding someone she got in her head as 'better'

• How on earth can she get bored? We literally did everything. Travelling together, building most of our kitchen furniture together from just wood, sex 3-5 times a week etc?

• Yeh but some people still believe they can do better no matter how much someone does with them. It's stupid I know

• you've made yourself too available, and too predictable.

• she was never into you in the first place

• Wait a min. This actually happens in life? Did you cheat on her? Call her names? Treat her like garbage?

• I didn't do anything bad to her...

• Nice. So the guy is a victim of betrayal and you think it was his fault and point your finger at him... fucking women.

• @Steelcore1085 hahahaha no I would say that if a girl said that too. Don't assume. I just can't believe a PERSON would actually do that. Don't say "fuck a gender" that's the issue in this world. We are all human, we all have feelings, men are no less emotional than women. There are bad people and good people. Not men are bad and women are good or women are bad and men are good.

• Well, if the roles were reversed, you would probably do the same thing, so...

• Yes people can be that shallow. Good news is you finally found out.

• Only after wasting 3 years...

• Well it wasn't a complete waste at least. Just imagine if you had married that! Life lessons dont come easy and they are very very valuable.

• She sounds like a bitch. Good riddance.

• Well that's sad. Yes a person can be that shallow. I did the same thing.

• Why did you do it?

• This I can understand...

• sloots gon sloot.

What Guys Said 17

• Holy blarg I just commented to someone who SUGGESTED doing just that!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2057280-can-you-be-too-poor-to-date

Yes, she's a sociopath. Small comfort I know, but you're lucky to be rid of her. At least you didn't waste 10 years on her.

• Why own a car for three years and then upgrade? Some people treat and see relationships in the same way as they treat and see purchases of goods and services. They don't see the division in those things, some even look forward to the upgrade. These people are emotionally disconnected.

• That's not uncommon.

• That's not surprising that she would do that. You've dealt with what I consider to be nornal female behavior. They may stick along with you, but when they find some hotter and richer dude, they're gone. And they won't care how much they hurt you in the process.

That's why I stay singke and why I seldom interact with women.

• While it sucks, you are incredibly fortunate. You could have married her and ended up a lot worse. I feel for you but unfortunately lessons in life are often learned at the expense of tears.

• It's her loss buddy. You have a lot of love and commitment to offer while she will switch from this 6.1 guy to a 6.3 guy any day. In 10 years, you will probably settle in with the love of your life while she keeps jumping from one guy to another. You're lucky you got rid of her. For me you're the winner!

• Hm. Interesting.

• What a bitch.

• Yeah you dated a useless cunt. Her personality must have been pretty shit well before this.

• Sorry OP. She dumped you for me.

• That's ironic because she just downgraded herself LOL
    Is she really that stupid to not see that?

• Cut her out dude... she's a fucking bitch.. You dont need to deal with her fuckery in your life.

• Fuck that bitch and move on. Unless you treated her like shit and this is her get back just move on to the next.

• I never treated her bad. We had arguments sometimes like any couple.

• Lol. That's women for you

• Let it go, you both enjoyed the time together.
    And be thankful that you're not bonded to her

• yeah I had this happen before too , this type of girl views guys as a possession like her car or cell phone . so when something better comes along why not upgrade?
    in my experience these new relationships will be hot and such for a little while and appear better than past one but will fade out sooner than later and she'll be single again at some point. and likely reappear wanting to date you again , that's what happened to me a year or so later

• beat up her boyfriend