Why did my ex tell people we went on a break?

I just found out today that my ex of two months told his friends we were on a break. I thought we had broken up, he never told me we were going on a break. I guess that explains why he made our old facebook pictures visible again out of the blue. Why would he tell his friends that?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Why do care? He's an ex and needs to stay that way. A break is a breakup. He's trying to lure you back in to use you as a backup plan till he finds someone else

• It's about pride I think.

What Girls Said 1

• yes you guys broke up but he hasn't yet got over it or accepted it!
    he might have been the one to get dumped by you and he's kinda ashamed to tell it to his friends because of his ego... so in a way to not be seen as a loser by his boys that he got dumped he prefered to say that you are on a break!
    either you try and tell him to stop that or next time when you see him with his friends tell it in front of them that you guys are not together anymore and he needs to stop lying