Anyone ever been through a long term break up.. I need to know if what I'm feeling is normal?

Anonymous
We have been together 6 years.. We got engaged 2 years ago. For the last 2 years I haven't wanted to be in this relationship but I could never bring myself to end if because I was afraid to hurt him. We both drifted apart and even the sex life went down hill. He came home yesterday and said he wanted to break up with me and it hurts. I'm scared because I don't know if my actions or wants have been a mistake this past while.. I'm scared of being out on my own, I'm scared to not have him in my life anymore and I'm just scared and hurt yet part of my feels almost relieved at the same time. We have agreed to still live together till our 2 month notice is up.. We are being civil and nice which is beautiful and getting along but yet here I am.. Unsure of what I'm feeling right now about all of this.. Is this normal even when you didn't want the relationship anymore? I don't know what to think or how to feel.
1
2