When you break up, are you comfortable with not being in a relationship for several months or longer?

When I have a break up, I will mourn slowly for a very long time. . . and I immediately want to start dating again. I don't think those two processes are mutually inconsistent. I don't want to settle down with the first woman I meet, but I need some immediate reassurance that I can still attract and hold the interest of a woman. Of course other people tell me not to do it, that I should take time for myself, etc., blah, blah, blah. . . but who the fuck cares what their friends think on a subject like that? I haven't gotten into any horrible rebound relationships and I don't think I have used anyone, hurt them, or led them on. Besides, isn't it PC to be green and recycle?

How do you react when your partner pulls the plug on what you had been thinking was a "perfect" relationship?
I've never been in a relationship, so I've never had a break up.
I'm in my first real relationship and I hope it never ends.
After a break up, I don't even think about dating again for at least 6 months.
Vote C
After a break up, I don't even think about dating again for at least 3 months.
Vote D
After a break up, I don't even think about dating again for at least 1 month.
Vote E
After a break up, I start looking as soon as I see the ex in my rear view mirror.
Vote F
I start looking as soon as I think we are going to break up.
Vote G
GirlGuy
14
7