How quickly do guys actually move on, and how does it work?

Anonymous
I am in so much pain, my relationship was having ups and downs and I had my own personal issues going on. I caused a huge argument, not for the first time, but this time my now ex boyfriend has moved on. He's found a new girl who is everything I'm not - she's beautiful and extremely physically fit and funny and they seem to get on really well.

What I want to know is how do guys do this? How do they move on so fast? I saw him last night and I cried for hours on end, and he cried a lot too, but just told me there was a special place in his heart for me and that it was over, and he had plans to meet this other girl. He's genuinely doing so well, and after 2 years of being together I just don't know how to cope.

Any advice for getting over someone and moving the hell on? And would you say that guys can genuinely move on this fast or that it's more of a distraction?

Thank you
16
7