My boyfriend of 3 years cheated on me 2 years ago with my best friend.

Bottom line he is very defensive any time I ask him a simple question. This has gone on for 2 years and gotten so bad we don't talk cause I know he will freak out. What's up with this? Last but not least the romance is long gone unless he wants it.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi,

I don't believe once a cheater always a cheater, but the fact that he's defensive to the point where you can't talk to him sounds fishy. It seems as though he's got you where he wants you. He's got a girl of convenience...that's you! Is that who you want to be? You have to know that you deserve better than that.

It might be late to say, but you should have dropped him a long time ago, actually right after he cheated with your best friend. Cheating is bad enough, but this kind of cheating sounds like this guy doesn't care about you. Even though it was 2 years ago it still speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. Now 2 years later he's defensive when asked questions, and you say there is no romance UNLESS HE WANTS?!?! Love, I don't know you, but believe when I tell you that if you continue to allow him to treat you this way he will continue to do so.

You need to decide what you want, and how you want to be treated. If you want to be treated better then demand that, and if you he doesn't then move on. No matter how bad things are between you two, if bad is what you want to feel then you can even do that without him. Basically, what I'm saying is that you don't need him. Take some time and work on you...that is what you deserve.

Hope this helps1

Rudes

My Blog: therudeawakening7.tumblr.com

link

What Guys Said 2

• Okay, so he cheated on you 2 years ago. So why is it still being brought up?

• Your best friend and your boyfriend? That's harsh. Where did you say you hid their bodies?

What Girls Said 2

• From what I got from this is that he cheated with your "best" friend and you took him back, therefore you forgave him. You have to let it go, it's been 2 years and you still want to talk about it? I would be defensive about it too if I were him, let it go. It only makes you look weak to keep talking about it. Sex is sex, men cheat on us everyday and I am not condoning it but they don't take it as seriously as we do. They submit to the flesh!

Leave it alone, once you forgive someone for something you have to let it go! Every time that you bring it up, it shows your own insecurities within yourself. You still have him so either keep him or let him go. He will not continue to listen to your low self esteem talking in his ear too much longer. What's done is done, can't change it so move forward and make your relationship stronger. Good Luck! Ty_lady!

• the relationship is dead and gone