Girlfriend starts crying during break up. What does it mean?

Meeting in the guy's car parked in front of her house. break up conversation begins. Lasts maybe twenty minutes. At some point towards the end she starts softly crying and it becomes even more obvious as the guy walks her up to her front door. Guy didn't say anything mean during the conversation or ever in the 11 month relationship. Girl broke up with guy because she couldn't focus on the relationship and wanted to focus on her academic stuff.

im wondering what people think this means. Curiosity.

feel free to ask for more info and I'll update this.

I wasn't even wondering if she regrets the decision till the first two commenters mentioned it.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean she can't be upset about it. She clearly cares for him which is why she's crying as it's hard and the closer they get to the house, the closer it is to over.

Most Helpful Guy

• It means she will bang another guy when she is alone lol you better fix it.

What Girls Said 4

• Break ups are emotional. It doesn't necessarily "mean" anything that she cried- obviously the breakup was a tough decision for her if she cared about the guy, however, that doesn't mean she regrets her decision or will change her mind.

• it just means it hurt. doesn't mean she regrets it. she did what she had to do and i was tough. bc she cares for you.. is how id take it.

• She cried cause she was sad.

• Is this a serious answer...

• Well, duh obviously she was sad about the whole thing and that's why she was crying even though it was her decision to break up it wasn't easy.

• Damn 11 months.. Break ups r so sad. I personally dont really process emotions as much around people. just wait till im alone to deal with emotional sht.

• I think she's like that too. Always trying to be reserved in front of others.

What Guys Said 2

• she must be regretting it

• she's a drama queen

• Nah. I know actual drama queens. she isn't one.

• a girl who rejects a guy over stupid shit like academics or whatnot and cries about it is a total drama queen