My ex texted me... what should I do?

My ex broke up with me three weeks ago and then a few nights ago, he texted me in the middle of the night apologizing because he couldn't find a couple shirts that I'd asked him to find and mail to me the day of the breakup. I guess I'm just looking for some ideas on what it means/why he texted me and what I should do about it. I would like to be friends again in the future, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that right now... We'd dated for almost a year and been friends for four years prior and he ended it (I think?) because he'd going to college in a month and he's nervous and can't handle a relationship now. He's also diagnosed with depression and it seems like he's in a low point. Our relationship was semi long-distance, which was hard for him. At the same time, he was the guy who told me he loved me after we dated for two weeks and had already named our future children and thought that far ahead, so it's a bit confusing.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Ldrs are a bad bad bad bad BAD idea, just move on I would say. Try to cut off contact, he picked future kids names after 2 weeks?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• What it means? It means that he didn't find the shirts you were looking for and wanted to apologize, so that you won't think he's keeping them from you and refuses to send them or whatever. You can just message him back and say thanks for looking.
    Also I'm just gonna go ahead and be blunt with you: when a guy tells you he loves you after just 2 weeks, he's bullshitting. You can't truly love someone after such a short amount of time. To love someone, you really have to know them on a very intimate level, be able to see all their flaws and imperfections, but accept the person as who they are because you love them. 2 weeks is not enough time for that, even if you knew each other as friends before dating. Plus you're under 18 so him naming your "future children" is also hella weird. To me it just seems like he got way ahead of himself. That's a clear sign of someone being very impulsive and irrational, not sweet and romantic. Typical teenage behavior honestly.
    You should back off until you're over it, and then you can contact him and ask him if you could be friends. If you still want that, at that point.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE