Does he actually care for me? Is he leading me on? Why the mixed signals?

Anonymous
My boyfriend recently broke up with me because he was always too busy to see me and I was always blowing up his phone. He would always tell me how he really felt like it was love at first sight with me, and it really sounded passionate when he said it, the words sounded heavy. But he would often be too busy to see me all day because he was with his family or doing something. I felt neglected. But I did act too clingy with him, always drunk texting him every night. After we broke up, we didn't talk all week. I finally texted him and just apologized for being so clingy. He apologized for being 'not the best boyfriend', saying he wished he had had more time for me. He told me he missed me, and I said I miss you more. He then said "God damn it" and I was like "what?" And he just said "I don't know" and stopped responding to me. Does it seem like he's leading me on, or could there be another reason for his behavior?
4
0