Cannot tell why we broke up, and need some insight?

Liz2010
I dated a guy for 2.5 years. Everything was going well. In fact, if anyone wanted to end it it would have been me. However, once week after him telling me I was the one we broke up. We still talk every so often and he tells me he misses me and he loves me. He kisses me on the forehead and hugs me and doesn't want to let go. I can tell he loves me and misses me, but he says he broke up with me, because he doesn't think we will get married. I have felt a few times we would get back together but haven't pushed him, so it hasn't happened. I want to give him space and I want to believe him that he thinks it's over, but he can't go two weeks without talking to me. I just don't see how a guys who was took so long to say I long you, and was so worried he would say it too early would make the decision that a girl was the one just to change it a week later. I feel like maybe he isn't ready for the next step but knows I'm the one so he is freaking out. It honestly would not bother me if he told me that. I just want him to come to me so we can work it out together. I don't want to give up if there is something there. But I don't want to hang around if it is really over!
Cannot tell why we broke up, and need some insight?
Add Opinion