Cannot tell why we broke up, and need some insight?

I dated a guy for 2.5 years. Everything was going well. In fact, if anyone wanted to end it it would have been me. However, once week after him telling me I was the one we broke up. We still talk every so often and he tells me he misses me and he loves me. He kisses me on the forehead and hugs me and doesn't want to let go. I can tell he loves me and misses me, but he says he broke up with me, because he doesn't think we will get married. I have felt a few times we would get back together but haven't pushed him, so it hasn't happened. I want to give him space and I want to believe him that he thinks it's over, but he can't go two weeks without talking to me. I just don't see how a guys who was took so long to say I long you, and was so worried he would say it too early would make the decision that a girl was the one just to change it a week later. I feel like maybe he isn't ready for the next step but knows I'm the one so he is freaking out. It honestly would not bother me if he told me that. I just want him to come to me so we can work it out together. I don't want to give up if there is something there. But I don't want to hang around if it is really over!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't see a future with you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• What is it that you want? you seem really confused. One reason he broke up with you could be because he saw you as a confused person.

0|0
    0|0
    • I want him. I want to get back together. I just don't want to wait thinking it will work itself out and then get hurt.

I'm just trying
      To figure out how one week he wanted to get married and the next week he broke up with me! Even now that we are broken up his actions say I want you, his words say it's over

• You want him to believe its over? Why?
    Do you want it to be over? Or do you want to be with him?

0|0
    0|0
    • I want to be with him. I feel like his actions say he wants me, but his words say he wants it to be over. I really want to be with him, but I want to move on so I don't get hurt if it is a waste of my time!

What Girls Said 2

• He's probably either lied about his feelings, something happened to make him question things or he's just getting scared over the next step. Since he can't leave you be just give him time

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds shady

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes