Would it be terrible to reach out my ex?

We dated for two years and broke up two years ago. I have not been able to stop thinking about him for the last couple of years, it comes and goes in waves of missing him and thinking of him. He messaged me probably 30 times after we broke up, begging for me to just talk to him - he knew he wouldn't get anything out of it. Thing is we broke up for a good reason, he was emotionally abusive and betrayed me with cheated and drugs/drinking, so I would NEVER date him again. BUT I do care about him always and think about him all the time, so would it hurt to add him on facebook and just ask how he's been or something? I don't have the intention of dating him at all.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's best to leave the past in the past and only bad things can come from being back around someone who is toxic to you. It would be like getting over a drug addiction but hanging around the people who still do it. Eventually you get pulled back in.

media.tumblr.com/.../...line_mryw2dzT4Z1qz4rgp.gif

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You say you don't have intentions of getting back with him, but he's an ex that you still have feelings for, not just some old friend. You probably do still like him deep down. And you say you know you should've broken up so you prob shouldn't get back with him

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• No, you shouldn't reach out to your ex. Given the fact he betrayed you and was emotionally abusive with you, it's good that you broke up with him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• its better to leave him in the past because you only hurting yourself even more and if he treated you badly why reach out to him if he wasn't good for you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes