Why do people cheat? What is the best way to cope with cheating?

Anonymous
Why do people think it's okay, to go out of their way to says romantics things and make life-long promises about staying together, but when they're provided the opportunity they will fine a way to cheat. Whether it be a stranger, a friend's friend, or someone they know. I'm not even talking about anything sexual but even like a conversation leading up to that. I think it applies to both genders.

I think finding out that you've been cheated on is one of the worst feelings in the world, it can severely damage one's self esteem especially if you actually believed that the people you've been dating had been telling the truth and if you thought they were the 'one'.

I have a boyfriend but he's been accusing me of cheating when I haven't been. While he's been talking to various girls through games and he's even video chatted them. Also, I've seen him close his games all of a sudden several times whenever i visited him. I told him I dislike him doing that, but I can only tell him that and he could still do it behind my back if he really wanted to.
Although if I ever find out that my boyfriend has been cheating on me, I would probably try to get back and then break up with him. I think it's really unfair to the other person if you lead someone on but treat them like they never meant that much to you.

I don't think it has to do with what the other person lacks or if it's due to their appearance. I think it's more to do with the hunger for the attention that they receive.
2
1