Should I let him go?

I have been having some problems with my (as of today) ex boyfriend. We have been together for about 9 months, and we share an apartment. About a week ago we got into a huge fight over me wanting to go hang out with some of my girl friends (which I almost never do). He told me that I wasn't going anywhere, and if I did then we were breaking up. I ended up going because I don't let any guy tell me what I can and cannot do. However, I do love him and he very obviously loves me. He has been under a lot of stress at work lately and not been acting like himself. I got fed up with it, so I said I need a break and he left (to I don't know where) for 2 days. Today he came busting in saying that I have to tell him whether or not I want to be with him. I said I Haven't figured it out, and he took off saying I'll never see him again. Should I call and make up or let him go? I have a strange sense of freedom now that I haven't felt in a while. But I'm also kinda sad that he won't be around anymore... help.
Should I let him go?
Add Opinion