Should I let him go?

I have been having some problems with my (as of today) ex boyfriend. We have been together for about 9 months, and we share an apartment. About a week ago we got into a huge fight over me wanting to go hang out with some of my girl friends (which I almost never do). He told me that I wasn't going anywhere, and if I did then we were breaking up. I ended up going because I don't let any guy tell me what I can and cannot do. However, I do love him and he very obviously loves me. He has been under a lot of stress at work lately and not been acting like himself. I got fed up with it, so I said I need a break and he left (to I don't know where) for 2 days. Today he came busting in saying that I have to tell him whether or not I want to be with him. I said I Haven't figured it out, and he took off saying I'll never see him again. Should I call and make up or let him go? I have a strange sense of freedom now that I haven't felt in a while. But I'm also kinda sad that he won't be around anymore... help.

11

What Guys Said 1

• I guarantee he will be back. The whole 'you will never see me again' is bravado.. and kinda dumb but a lot of guys do it. He loves you and wants an answer, you didn't give him one so he's making threats and ultimatums. You need to do what's best for you, if you stay in a relationship with half a heart it won't work.

What Girls Said 1

• u have said ur own answer. "I have a strange sense of freedom now that I haven't felt in a while" try to put yourself in his shoes to see what you think about it. I mean.. you do love him but.. you want to be free. Just give yourself space, ask him for space you need time to re evaluate things...