Have you ever been demonized by an ex in the wake of a breakup?

Anonymous
I still love her, even if she doesn't love me anymore. She's facing an extremely difficult situation right now, and thanks both to government BS neither of us have any say over and thanks to our being long-distance, my means of helping her through it are limited. She broke up with me shortly after my last visit, at the end of which I thought things between us were fine. Said she wanted to stay friends, but she has only grown angrier over time, digging up old hurts and revealing some serious misunderstandings about them. Ascribing selfish motives which simply did not apply.

God help me, I still love her, I want to see her escape this situation, and I care about how she remembers me. But I don't want to overstep. We're keeping our distance for now.
+1 y
I'm interested to hear people's examples, but any advice on how to contend with the present situation (aside from abandoning her altogether) would be greatly appreciated.
1
2