My boyfriend broke up with me last week. He has called me now explaining the reason.

He broke up with me last week. He called me yesterday and left detailed message as to why. Should I call him or wait awhile? My heart tells me to wait and make him wonder what I'm doing and why I haven't called, but I'm afraid if I don't call eventually he will think I don't care. advice?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• when a guy does something like this you need to torture him for awhile, even if you're dying to get back with him, don't show it. he needs to understand that he can't break up with you and suffer no consequences. for all you know he could have been out trying to get other girls that week he didn't contact you, and is now going back to you because it could have failed. that's exactly what happened to a friend of mine, who eventually took him back. don't let that be you. so at the very least, wait awhile and think if you really want him back.

What Guys Said 3

• Strongly depends on why he left in the first place, actually; if it's a good reason and something you could really sympathize with perhaps he's just hurt, confused, and being rash. If it's a bad reason, or a prolonged and well thought-out ongoing process ( such as he's been losing love/faith over the course of a year ) it's best to let him idle if not simply leave him alone altogether so as not to repeat a cyclic mistake.

• You give good advice...I'm curious as to what his explanation was...not that I would approve either way of leaving that message, but there's a certain amount of surrender when you leave a message explaining your position. I know I wouldn't leave a message, email or text if I dumped somebody...to much evidence lol! Next time they have an argument...she will play it back, or at least most women would just to prove a point.

• Okay for one I'd have a real major issue with someone breaking up with me and then leaving a "detailed message" as to why and not to me personally. WTF? A real "MAN" would not have handled it this way at all. You deserve a face to face on why. So based on that...I'd say hell no don't call him. Move on and find a more mature man and leave the immature boys alone. If its something you can fix and want to then fix it and call him otherwise...move onward.

• I agree. yeah he chickened out, he knew I was at work at the time he called.

• At least he gave you a reason though.

• If he really likes you he will chase you, if you want him back let him know or he might move on...

• So, should I wait a few days?

What Girls Said 5

• Do you have anymore information than this? How long were you together? What was the reason he said he broke up with you and also, he broke up and didn't give a reason until a week later? Seems immature for a man in his 30's (I am assuming he's 30's). I would definitely make him wonder and chase you, maybe call him in the evening or wait until tomorrow. I'd be pretty irritated at the fact that he broke it off with no explanation until a week later.

• maybe you could just text him and say thank you for the message =)

• heey! if he broke up with you , he has to chase you not you because it will seem like he can play with you so you have to tell him what you think and you have to see that he really wants to be with you

• If he cares, he will call again.trust me.

• Don't beat around the bush. get straight to the point.