There is a boy that I'm talking to that likes me but won't go out with me because he is scared of hurting me?

As I said before, there is this guy that is likes me and we talk everyday and I feel like I am in an unofficial relationship. He said he fears hurting me because he made a promise to himself that he would stay a virgin until he turns 18 (guess what he's 18 now). He still somewhat talks to his ex even though he claims he really only likes me and that he talks to her for the possibility of sex. What should I do? I feel like I'm in limbo, like there is nothing to pursue here. He won't be my boyfriend, yet it bothers him when other guys try to talk to me. Oh yea, he asked me to have sex with him. That's not happening though. I like being a virgin. I feel like he really wants to get rid of his virginity and that's all that's on his mind right now. Should I leave him alone? P.S. He's my prom date...
+1 y
I'm 17
3
0