What was the cause of your last breakup?

There are so many reasons for breaking up now, it makes me wonder why it is even worth getting into a relationship with another.
All votes are anonymous, but if you have broken up with another person please answer truthfully. If not one of the available options, then you can add an answer below.
  • Partner cheated on me
  • Partner wanted intercourse outside of marriage
  • Partner had poor personal hygiene
    Vote C
  • Partner became lazy
    Vote D
  • Partner was not that fun at all
    Vote E
  • I felt as though I was not loved
    Vote F
  • Partner had an unfortunate turn of events that left him/her a little less physically attractive than when we first fell in love
    Vote G
Hi GaG community, I'm feeling positively overwhelmed with the responses to this question (and overwhelmed that I can't reply to all). Initially it seemed like the most common breakup cause was due to feeling cold and unloved but infidelity has surged with popularity recently on the poll. This question is designed to elicit responses that show how we act and cause pain to one another, so hopefully the answers can help some people to prevent their relationships from falling apart. Stay cool people.

6330

Most Helpful Girl

• The last breakup I had, was because I met someone else I was more compatible with. Our relationship was very sexual, which was fabulous but it lacked emotional intimacy. This was a contributing factor that I think made me receptive to seeing qualities in a new person.

Don't close yourself to relationships because of a potential breakup. Situations change, people grow and develop, which can lead to a breakup. It's all a part of living. Intimate relationships are a beautiful thing and albeit they can make you vulnerable, it's worth the potential heartache.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the wise words, FetishP.

• No, not at all. I know it's not useful giving up. Certainly, I'm looking I'm looking for a Christian girl who is active in her faith, but they are so rare to come by. At this point of time, I just need some time to focus on the career side of things and I feel like I'm wasting time on all these dating apps but you can learn much here on GaG when you filter all the rubbish. You sound like you know a lot about love and I'm guessing you know how to effectively end relationships when they are sour without breaking his heart. Something like "dear, I know we have exceptional carnal engagement, but beyond that I feel like you don't care for my familial woes and joviality. We don't share in this." And then you hug him and shed a tear to indicate how it hurts. I'd imagine it went something like that. I'm presuming you are still with this new guy who is everything to you because you think alike.

• Very insightful of you. I'll reply via message 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what the cause was. I was in a relationship with a girl I really liked and thought everything was going great. However after a month and a half she started making excuses and then just stopped talking to me altogether. I honestly can't think of a single thing i did wrong, she never gave me a reason or said she wanted to break up. I'm sttill heartbroken 2 months later.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is the unpredictable nature of a person who doesn't know what they are searching for. One minute it's, one minuet there. This sounds like a pretty honest account though.

• Yeah when I was with her I did kinda feel like she could be kind of an unpredictable personality, but that also made her fun and interesting to be with. I never knew when she was just gonna grab me and kiss me or things like that, but also at times felt like she maybe didn't know exactly what she wanted. Well the hurt is getting a little less, but its the lack of answers that's preventing me from getting the closure I need. Just wasn't how I wanted my first relationship to go but nowim hoping for someone a little less unpredictable to come along that just enjoys being with me and won't hurt me.