What was the cause of your last breakup?

There are so many reasons for breaking up now, it makes me wonder why it is even worth getting into a relationship with another.
All votes are anonymous, but if you have broken up with another person please answer truthfully. If not one of the available options, then you can add an answer below.
  • Partner cheated on me
  • Partner wanted intercourse outside of marriage
  • Partner had poor personal hygiene
    Vote C
  • Partner became lazy
    Vote D
  • Partner was not that fun at all
    Vote E
  • I felt as though I was not loved
    Vote F
  • Partner had an unfortunate turn of events that left him/her a little less physically attractive than when we first fell in love
    Vote G
Hi GaG community, I'm feeling positively overwhelmed with the responses to this question (and overwhelmed that I can't reply to all). Initially it seemed like the most common breakup cause was due to feeling cold and unloved but infidelity has surged with popularity recently on the poll. This question is designed to elicit responses that show how we act and cause pain to one another, so hopefully the answers can help some people to prevent their relationships from falling apart. Stay cool people.

6330

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what the cause was. I was in a relationship with a girl I really liked and thought everything was going great. However after a month and a half she started making excuses and then just stopped talking to me altogether. I honestly can't think of a single thing i did wrong, she never gave me a reason or said she wanted to break up. I'm sttill heartbroken 2 months later.

• This is the unpredictable nature of a person who doesn't know what they are searching for. One minute it's, one minuet there. This sounds like a pretty honest account though.

• Yeah when I was with her I did kinda feel like she could be kind of an unpredictable personality, but that also made her fun and interesting to be with. I never knew when she was just gonna grab me and kiss me or things like that, but also at times felt like she maybe didn't know exactly what she wanted. Well the hurt is getting a little less, but its the lack of answers that's preventing me from getting the closure I need. Just wasn't how I wanted my first relationship to go but nowim hoping for someone a little less unpredictable to come along that just enjoys being with me and won't hurt me.