Would you date someone who broke off their engagement for you?

Anonymous
So, there's this guy whom had a thing for me a while back. It never worked out because apparently he met someone else first, they started dating, and got engaged. I was very hurt because I liked him a lot, but I got over it. The way things where going with us, it seemed we'd be the perfect couple, and that we had a lot in common, but he held back his pursuit of me, because the other girl whom he liked first.

His girl gives me ugly stares, and doesn't seem to like me, because I think he told her about me.

I think they're breaking off the engagement, and I'm afraid he'll start pursuing me now.

Let's say that's the case, I feel he'll just keep up with the same cycles running back & forth from me to her, and never commit. Or that he'll keep me strong along to prevent from going so far as he did with the last girl.

What would you suggest?
4
4